Is there anyone actually out there who doesn’t have “buy a house” on their bucket list? Buying a home is one of those steps in life that you take because you really want to have something that’s yours and no one else can take it away from you. It’s a piece of something tangible that you get to keep and know that you are the person who gets to have this – just for you and your family. It’s exciting to buy a new home, and while there are huge financial commitments in buying a new house, you might consider that this new home has to be bought for all the right reasons.
It’s important that you know why you should get mortgage advice, and it’s even more important to know why you want the specific house you’ve been looking at. It’s a good move to choose to buy a house, especially if you have children around you at home to think about, too. The more you plan your home purchase and your savings, the better off you’ll be. You’re supposed to do this when you’re ready to, and not because it’s something that you’re “supposed” to do. Right now may be your right time to buy a home, and we’ve got a few reasons you absolutely should go ahead and buy!
- You’re ready for this. You have been saving hard for years, and you are finally ready to dip your hands into that pot of cash and hand it to a bank to buy a house. You want to know that this decision is not just financial; it’s emotional. You need to feel ready for home ownership, for caring for a house of your own and for being a part of a community. If you’re ready emotionally and financially, then the timing is right to buy that house you want.
- Equity building. The more money you put into your home, the more money you can recoup later if you want to sell the house. The housing markets are never really that predictable, though, so you can bet that there is no real guarantee that your home will truly increase in value. Still, having money in your home ready is smart, and you can use that money later for something else!
- You’re enjoying job security. If your current job is allowing you to feel good about where you are, then it could be a good time to buy a house. A steady income is going to enable you to stay within your budget and pay your mortgage, and you don’t have to keep wasting money on rent, either.
- You can get a tax break. Did you know that your first few years of mortgage payments go into paying the interest on the house? You can take some of the mortgage off your taxes, too, and this will help you to reduce the amount you pay overall. It’s one of the little known perks of home ownership!
- You can feel stable. You might have reached a point that you finally want stability in your life, and once you get there, it feels right. Owning your own house gives you that feeling, and it gives you somewhere you can finally call home.